Candy Kahn, Founder and President of Action Rider Tack, recounts how Action Rider Tack began…
Here are some of the highlights from the video:
- In 2002, Candy had been competing in Endurance rides and her horse, Rogue, began to interfere. Her trimmer placed her horse off-balance so she wouldn’t interfere. Candy decided it was not right and she wasn’t going to do that to her horses. She had the shoes removed from all of her horses.
- Later that year (2002), Candy took a class on barefoot trimming. At the time, very few people around the United States were barefoot proponents or experts.
- In 2003, she took a course with Martha Olivo and became a Certified Barefoot Trimmer.
- Candy wanted give her horses more protection, but the Easyboot did not fit her Arabian’s small hooves.
- In 2004, at the AERC Convention, Garrett Ford was demonstrating the Boa Boot which ended up fitting Rogue.
- EasyCare opened distribution to Certified Barefoot Trimmers which allowed Candy to become a reseller.
- BoaBoots.com was Candy’s first website and she talked with people across the world about Boa Boots and barefoot trimming.
- Candy purchased a Torsion saddle (Treeless saddle) and she really enjoyed the saddle. She searched for a Treeless saddle to resell and share with other endurance riders. She found Barefoot Saddles, tested it and decided to sell those as well. The BoaBoots.com website was no longer a fit for what she was doing.
- In 2005, another endurance rider helped Candy to come up with the name Action Rider Tack. Candy started the new website and merged BoaBoots.com into ActionRiderTack.com.